Last Updated: July 1, 2020
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Social Sharing Features
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe and the United Kingdom
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, sign request customer support, apply for a job with us, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide.
Other Information We Collect When You Use our Website
When you access or use our Website, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as analytics services, email services, partner websites, job posting websites, etc.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve the Website, our products and services and the other interactions we have with you. For example, we the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Higg Co and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Evaluate your application for employment with us;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Higg Co and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- For limited internal uses, provided the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction;
- In connection with research and development activities; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including customer service and email services to communicate with you or send you materials;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Higg Co or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Higg Coand our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Higg Co is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries.Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Higg Co by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”)(California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, internet or other electronic network activity information, professional or employment-related information, education-related information. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see “Collection of Information” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Information” above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, internet or other electronic network activity information.
Sale of Personal Information:
We do not, and will not, sell your personal information.
Your Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) deletion of your personal information, and (3) to opt out of sales of your personal information, if applicable.You may make these requests by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 384 Colusa Ave, Kensington, CA 94707. We may require you to verify your request or identity. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, please contact us. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE AND THE UK
If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Website and services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Website and services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm, or for Swiss residents, see https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html.